LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broken_Arrow

Project > File Information contains almost no File Information. Suggested improvement within.

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

The dialog shown after choosing Project > File Information could be improved. After all, it doesn't even contain file information, rather, just a list of files. Short of changing the name of that feature to File List, I think it could be expanded to actually contain useful information. While most of this information can be obtained elsewhere, it would be nice to have it in one place, and File Information is the initiative choice.

The fields I've chosen to show in the example below could be expanded and improved upon.

New Project File Information dialog.PNG

Richard

4 Comments
dthor
Active Participant

Love it. Simple, useful, and (hopefully) easy to implement.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Having never seen this option before, I went hunting... the author of that dialog thought that had been removed -- it was a debugging aid while making the Files view of the project. Instead, it appears to have been documented. I suspect it will disappear shortly now that it has been brought to our attention unless someone can make a strong case for keeping it.

Broken_Arrow
Active Participant

If NI decides to keep it as is without any enhancements, I would suggest changing the name to File Listing. Myself and the people I've worrked with use it on occasion - to export a list of files for a Software Specification document and whatnot. It's not useless, just mis-named.

Richard

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.