GregSands

Programmatically set "Anti-Aliased" for graph plots

Available in LabVIEW 2012

Subject says it all.

Antialias.png  AntialiasProperties.png

9 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

I've tried to use that long ago and always had severe redraw performance issues. It seems it could only be used for relatively small datasets.

Did the performance improve? Maybe if it could be made to utilize the GPU and do things in hardware without penalty, I would again try to use it. In this case, the suggestion would be OK.

Intaris
Proven Zealot

I've used it a few times.  I didn't notice any HUGE performance difference.  I didn't notice ANY difference, but there could well have been a small one.

It sure leads to more attractive curves, given the right UI.

GregSands
Active Participant

I only use it for single-draw graphs rather than graphs that refresh constantly, so I've just tried a few tests, and it is definitely very, very slow updating for large graphs.  Also, the performance seems to depend not just on the number of plots, or points per plot, but significantly on the size of the graph plot area.  But I'd still like the option to set a hundred plots to anti-alias, even if it then takes a second to draw.

I agree it should be done in hardware - it's almost inconceivable that a modern program would not have anti-aliased lines.  But I imagine this code has been in LabVIEW for 20 years.

LabBEAN
Active Participant

Setting Anti-Aliased on or off at the graph level (rather than iterating through Active Plots) would also be nice.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
cymanfab

Can I set it programmatically in LV 2011?

Wonger
Status changed to: In Development

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: In Beta

pobrepablo1
Did this make it in to 2012?
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed
Available in LabVIEW 2012