LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Ian_

Place error-in and error-out at same time.

Most of the time when I want an error control I find a terminal, right-click, create indicator/control etc and in future will probably use the block diagram error constant .

However, at other times, I want to start from scratch with a blank vi and need to navigate the palettes.

It always annoys me that if I am working on a front panel and want to place an error-in control, I then have to repeat the action to put down a corresponding error-out indicator (or ctrl-drag, right click, change to indicator). It is pretty rare that I would want one without the other!

I propose the option to put both down at once, for example, by ctrl-clicking the palettes to make a multiple selection (i.e. similar to 'normal' windows based selection behaviour).

ctrl click.PNG

(I was going to suggest making ctrl-clicking for multiple selections standard across the palettes, but I can't think of any other sensible occasions where it would be useful)

12 Comments
_Ian_
Active Participant

Nice. Thanks Crossrulz.Smiley Happy

That sorts out most of my requirement.

I still think that it might be nice to pick multiple items from the same palette with a ctrl-click but as this is a minority requirement I can live without it (for now!).

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

@ _Ian_: Multiple control selection accross not only one palette but multiple ones would be great too