From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcduff

Permanent Knight License

For all of the work the knights of the forum do, I propose that upon retirement they receive a lifetime license to LabVIEW.

1. They deserve it.
  2. Their help on the forums for other users cannot be quantified. 

Not sure where I read it on the forums, but I think it stinks that @Ben needs to wait until the community edition is released to have a working copy of LabVIEW.

mcduff

11 Comments
Ben
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

Tim wrote;

"

Well, if you guys insist I earned something, then give me the SRL (license given to Alliance Partners)!  After all, that is what Ben should be used to.

"

Dittos that!

Technically I do have a LV license that I keep locked-up in a fire proof safe...

Spoiler

20200221_183226[1].jpg

Check out the signature on that license!

but is so old it would a bit of tease and who knows if it would install on a modern OS.

I had planned on investing in upgrading that license but if "doing without" for six months or so, would save me enough money to add to my DeWalt battery powered tool collection, I can do it.

Re: Enough to do...

Spoiler

The Wife has me turning a room in the basement into a Hobbit Hole.

20200123_145212[1].jpg

So I worked my way around to opening up the steps and ran into an oxymoron. Hobbits do not do steps so I do not have an example I can use to inspire the work. I am now up to version 2 because the Better-half keeps changing the design criteria (see, it does not stop after retirement!).

20200221_182310[1].jpg

And before you ask, I do prefer the empty cases from Yuengling when building my full-scale mock-ups.

Besides, answering question in LabVIEW with using LV reminds me of the early days of the Discussion Forums when could not post code or images. Those were the days!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel