LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altenbach

Output size configuration for 1D convolution

The convolution tools have polymorphic instances for 1D and 2D data.

The 2D instances have a very useful input to control the output size (full, size X, compact).

The 1D instances don't have this input (Why?!). In the vast majority of my 1D convolution applications, I would prefer a "size x" behavior for the output, making the output size identical to the input spectrum, no matter the size of the convolution kernel. If the 1D convolutions would accept this option, performance and inplaceness could possibly be optimized compared to a manual trimming later.

altenbach_0-1702743177185.png

Suggestion:

All convolution instances need an "output size" input, not just the 2D versions.

3 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

This idea does not seem to get much love. Could it be that not many people use convolution???

The current behavior is like swiss cheese, there are some random feature holes! It makes no sense that some polymorphic instances are missing useful and well defined inputs that should be common to all instances.

dthor
Active Participant

Haha I had no idea that this polymorphic even existed Smiley Very Happy  As for the Idea, I'll take your word that it's a good one. Kudos!

ConnerP

Thought I had already kudo'd this idea. Guess not. Why isn't this a feature?!