LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
EngrStudent

Order/align objects: as array

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

In any useful drafting program they have a "create array" and they aren't meaning a numeric creature.  They mean a geometric array.

References:

An advanced user menu for Front Panel should allow arrange of objects similar to how CAD tools do. 

In particular - if I have 81 items, I should be able to arrange them in a 9x9 grid array with ease.  I don't get to pick that I have them, btw.  

4 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

How often would you need to use a feature like this?

I've never needed to create an arrangement of 81 objects before.  A handful of times I've needed to create a pattern of perhaps a dozen or so objects.  Not frequenlty enough where I feld I needed a special command beyond just copying and pasting the object and using the already existing spacing and alignment tools to arrange them.

EngrStudent
Active Participant

@RavensFan,

In an absolute sense - I can't know that.

In a relative sense, I expect that I might use that about 30% as much as I use the typical align commands, but more importantly it would help me handle some really bulky and complex inherited clusters from pre-existing code.

In terms of relieving a pain - it would help things. It would be really useful when the alternative is really not. 

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

If NI ever works on that, I would suggest they also include an option to align along a circle. It took me quite some time to achieve that effect by hand...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.