From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canis

Option to run VI Analyzer on a VI and all it's called VIs

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.

At present VI analyzer allows you to check a single VI or a complete project. However, within my Project files I often have clutter from imported librarys such as test functions which are not required for the application I am building but will be analyzed if I select the project, making it difficult to tell what is actually important in the results.

What I would like is an option to do a "top down" evaluation of the VI where you select your top level VI and run the analyzer on that VI and all the VIs below it in it's tree. This would allow me to ensure that in large projects I can only analyse and fix those VIs that are relevant to my current application rather than wading through potentially hundreds of useless results to find the useful ones.

1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.