LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
Top Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to pin the pallette opened thro' short-cut menu

I wish to have the option to pin the (relative datatype) pallette opened thro' short-cut menu, like inthe attached snapshot.

The use-case I feel is, most of the times when I want/need to navigate to the related datatype pallette in search of something, suddenly I find that I need more than one function to be used in my next steps of coding. So during those times, pinning is a viable & useful option.

Hope some of the folks would agree with me... Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2021 🙂 )
7 Comments
Proven Zealot
Though i have never felt the need I will say a nice ask and kudos...
Trusted Enthusiast
Partha, in LabVIEW 2009,Pin.JPG
Proven Zealot
I implemented the shortcut palettes. At the time, I wanted to put the pin on them, but the architecture of the popup menus made that a considerably harder problem, so rather than delay the feature for a release, I decided to forego the pins. I never returned to that project, but I definitely wish someone would. I agree this is an excellent idea and will add my kudos.
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Mathan,

I think you have misunderstood the idea I have suggested. I know you can open & pin multiple pallettes on the BD. It exists in earlier versions of LV too. Smiley Happy

What I have proposed is the ability to pin the pallette that is opened thro' the rt-click short-cut menu option by navigating to the most relative datatype pallette, when we rt-click on a wire or a control. We can open only one pallette at a time when we do a rt-click on a wire or control.

Message Edited by parthabe on 11-25-2009 11:42 PM
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2021 🙂 )
Trusted Enthusiast
Oops thanks a lot for the explanation dear Partha. Got it and Kudos.

I do also miss this feature so Kudos...

Nice feature to have:-)