LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parthabe

Option to pin the pallette opened thro' short-cut menu

I wish to have the option to pin the (relative datatype) pallette opened thro' short-cut menu, like inthe attached snapshot.

The use-case I feel is, most of the times when I want/need to navigate to the related datatype pallette in search of something, suddenly I find that I need more than one function to be used in my next steps of coding. So during those times, pinning is a viable & useful option.

Hope some of the folks would agree with me... Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
11 Comments
muks
Proven Zealot
Though i have never felt the need I will say a nice ask and kudos...
Mathan
Trusted Enthusiast
Partha, in LabVIEW 2009,Pin.JPG
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
I implemented the shortcut palettes. At the time, I wanted to put the pin on them, but the architecture of the popup menus made that a considerably harder problem, so rather than delay the feature for a release, I decided to forego the pins. I never returned to that project, but I definitely wish someone would. I agree this is an excellent idea and will add my kudos.
parthabe
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Mathan,

I think you have misunderstood the idea I have suggested. I know you can open & pin multiple pallettes on the BD. It exists in earlier versions of LV too. Smiley Happy

What I have proposed is the ability to pin the pallette that is opened thro' the rt-click short-cut menu option by navigating to the most relative datatype pallette, when we rt-click on a wire or a control. We can open only one pallette at a time when we do a rt-click on a wire or control.

Message Edited by parthabe on 11-25-2009 11:42 PM
Mathan
Trusted Enthusiast
Oops thanks a lot for the explanation dear Partha. Got it and Kudos.
SwapsG

I do also miss this feature so Kudos...

sridar.m

Nice feature to have:-)

_carl

Just came to make the exact same request...after spending several minutes too long trying to track down the not-where-I-expected Events palette so that I could pin it...:

_carl_0-1631300879251.png

parthabe
Trusted Enthusiast

Please add your kudos, if not done already.

parthabe
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi AQ,

Now that LV NXG has been shelved, will this idea get any traction soon?!