LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlamingYawn

Option to not include last element when autoindexing out of a while loop

Functionality available with conditional auto-indexing loops. You can use the 'Not' of the loop end condition as the input to the conditional terminal on an auto-indexing output tunnel to accomplish the desired behavior.

Have you ever auto indexed out of a while loop but had to use "Delete From Array" because you didn't want the last element?  Sometimes I don't want the element from the iteration with the stop condition (behavior similar to a true "while loop" rather than LabVIEW's "do while".

Delete Last Element.png

I'd like a right-click option on the autoindex terminal to not include the last element.

Auto Delete Last Element.png

Robert Mortensen
CLA, CLED, LabVIEW Champion, Principal Systems Engineer, Testeract
6 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

This Idea is intriguing, and I almost Kudos'd it, but then realized can be a subset of Conditional Auto-Indexing. I like both Ideas, but Conditional Auto-Indexing is more generic and powerful.

***EDIT*** And just as exciting as Conditional Auto-Indexing would be the ability to have Output Terminals on Feedback Nodes.

Message Edited by JackDunaway on 03-25-2010 06:54 PM
muks
Proven Zealot
Thanks for that conditional auto-indexing link jack.. Very nice idea I have kudoed that too..
James_W
Active Participant
Surely what you have just descibed here is the indexed outputs of an UNTIL loop??
Message Edited by James W on 04-14-2010 03:29 PM
CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
tejes

How to pass data out from while loop.

I have build the code in while loop and want to take out the data out of while loop for further calculation. I have read about auto indexing but unable do it .

Please help

GuenterMueller
Active Participant

This is the Idea Exchange forum, tejes.

The LabVIEW forum is here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bd-p/170.

Your problem description is too general. I propose to search the LabVIEW examples for auto indexing or post your issue with some example code to the LabVIEW forum

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Already Implemented

Functionality available with conditional auto-indexing loops. You can use the 'Not' of the loop end condition as the input to the conditional terminal on an auto-indexing output tunnel to accomplish the desired behavior.