LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
jgcode

Option to Add LabVIEW Project Library To Parent Library and Set Scope in Source Distribution Build Spec

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Using the LabVIEW 2009 Build Spec (as an example) allows you to add a Destination to a Library which is very handy, as it means you can namespace VIs at build-time.

I would like to take this a step forward and then be able to set that new Library as a Sub-Library of another Library that already exists in the Project.

I would then want to be able to set the scope of this Sub-Library as well (relative to its now, Parent).

This combined with my Locking State Idea would allow be create a Distribution that would hide and protect a Support VI Library

As the Sub-Library would be Private Scoped (from above) and the Parent Library would be set Locked (does not show Private Members).

I currently can implement this using Scripting but it would be nice to have it native.

Cheers

-JG

17619iFB1C3A1375DBE39317621i6935DFDFCA489040

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.