LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Kring

Option for Find (and Find all Instances) to Search inside of Disabled Structures

It seems that if you have a VI (or function) inside of a disabled frame of a Diagram Disable Structure or Conditional Disable Structure then the Find and Find All Instances features in LabVIEW will not report them. I'm OK if this is the default behavior, but maybe the Find dialog should have an option/checkbox to search inside of Disabled Structures.

Note: This is really important for cross-platform and embedded target development where there's lots of use of Disabled Structures.

Jim_Kring_0-1607621796261.png

1 Comment
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Find does work... when the caller's diagram is in memory. It's a specific situation that doesn't work:

TopLevel calls MidLevel calls BottomLevel.

If you open the block diagram of MidLevel and then try to Find All Instances of BottomLevel, it works. But now run TopLevel so everything is compiled and then do Save All. Then close MidLevel -- the VI will stay in memory but its block diagram will unload. Now try to Find All Instances of BottomLevel -- it won't work even though MidLevel is in memory.

NI could fix this. LabVIEW would need to read the diag information from disk. I'll add my kudos to it.