LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mechqueen

Numerical Data Type Color Representation on selection pallette

Data Type Representation Pallette

Can the the options on the data type Representation pallette be changed from grey to match the color of the numerical icons and terminals?

Thank You!

Melissa McQueen

15 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

I think I like it. The colors could probably be tweaked to produce a better result:

Color Reps.png

How about if the bold text (SGL, DBL, I32, ...) would look the same as on the terminal?

All items on each square could also simply be data color on white background (only one color).

GregSands
Active Participant

Is it too late for a different "blue" for unsigned ints?

ASharma
So simple. Yet so useful. Love it!
KeithTK

Yup, simple useful.  Sounds like something NI could handle in a day.

SumRunner

Great idea. Simple but very helpful. I hope it gets approved!

Peti

I like this idea! 

And yes, unsigned integers may look better in -let's say, a lighter blue color.(the wires, too)

And, to continue this idea, single, double and extended may be better in different version of orange.(maybe, single: ligth torange, extended: dark orange, double remains the same color)

johnsold
Knight of NI

The basic idea here is worthwhile.

For those of us who are color blind, LV has too many colors which are indistinguishable already. Let's not add any more for minor, if any, benefits.

Lynn

M*H*

While adding colors to some palettes I usually get stuck when searching for the correct number-2-string-vi on the conversion palette.
Maybe we can get color there as well...

Jeffrey_Zola

Like the idea.  So simple it seems obvious (to those who are not colorblind).

To Lynn's point (which I'm sure he encounters with more than just LabVIEW!), are the appearances of any of these items customizable? DIfferent fonts perhaps, or italics vs bold vs underline or different box/enclosure structures?

Jeff

Jeffrey Zola