LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Andrew_P

Notification about Compatibility of Modules with 64 bit Labview 2010

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Many modules aren't compatible with Labview 2010 64 bit, but there is no warning of that before installing Labview 2010 64 bit. So the user goes through hour(s) to install the software, only to realize it won't work when he/she installs a module (Real Time Module for example), and then has to uninstall and reinstall the 32 bit version. If it isn't compatible, let people know so they don't waste hours!

4 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

You don't need to uninstall the 64bit version before installing the 32 bit version. You can keep both.

(I thought it was well known that LV 64 bit has limited support for modules)

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

Would you expect a prompt before installing? "We see you are installing on a 64-bit OS but you've selected items that aren't 64 bit. Would you like to continue?" I think this might help the issue but I guess it would still come down to whether people read it or not before clicking through. I tend to click through installers rather quickly.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

It sounds like a case of RTFM...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.