LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregSands

New 4-3-3-4 Connector Pane

Available in LabVIEW NXG. All subVI terminals are 10 pixels in size, and VI connector panes can be resized both vertically and horizontally. By resizing the standard 4x2x2x4 connector pane horizontally by one terminal, you can easily create a 4x3x3x4 connector pane.

When searching before posting this idea, as one should always do, I found it was already mentioned by JackDunaway in a comment on another thread, however I still think it deserves an idea all of it's own.  I would like to have a few more options for connector panes which maintain the "Standard" 4-in 4-out template, but in particular with 3 connectors on the top and bottom.  Let me link to Jack's image as well, so that my plagiarism is complete:

4-TDC-4.png

I agree with many of the other comments in that thread as well, so head on over and kudos it also.

7 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

I like the way you think, Kudos! 😉 😄

Spoiler

It's not plagiarism - you linked to source. I appreciate when others pull a nugget from a conversation and turn it into an Idea. I think too many on this forum are timid to redistribute what they consider other's intellectual property (IP), when in reality some of the best features/conversations come from revisiting old ideas rather than scratching our heads over some obscure new idea. This Idea is among the smallest of nuggets on the Idea Exchange that is going to get lost on the third page of comments if nobody bothers to pull them out and create a new Idea! pseudo_kudos

Neil.Pate
Active Participant

Finally I could hang my typedef enums exactly off the middle connector at the bottom.

Must. Have. This! 

crelf
Trusted Enthusiast

To steal from one is plagarism, to steal from many is research 🙂

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

What about a 4x1x1x4 pattern instead? That would allow the typedef to hang in the center without going to the extra small width of terminals.

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

> What about a 4x1x1x4 pattern instead?

Not if it would be instead of 4-3-3-4.

Status changed to: Completed

Available in LabVIEW NXG. All subVI terminals are 10 pixels in size, and VI connector panes can be resized both vertically and horizontally. By resizing the standard 4x2x2x4 connector pane horizontally by one terminal, you can easily create a 4x3x3x4 connector pane.

Darren
Proven Zealot

Here is a screenshot:

4.png