LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need radix display to be available on rings and enums when the digital display is visible

It's not a BUG it's a FEATURE.... that's why I have to present it here.

When the digital display is visible on a ring or enum, the option to display the radix should be present. I can't tell if a displayed value of "401" is hex or decimal without looking at the display representation...

OK, I give - I vote that this is a BUG.

1 Comment
Proven Zealot

The visualization of radix came after the introduction of setting the radix, and the customer request to be able to visualize it was specifically on the numeric text box. Works as designed, so it's not a bug. :-)

You'd like this feature extended to other controls. That's a more than reasonable request.

I doubt that we tackle anything like this in the LabVIEW 20xx platform, but I will leave the idea open and see what kudos it accumulates. I will flag your idea for LabVIEW NXG where we are doing most of our control redesign work these days.