From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stbe

Modification of "Error Cluster From Error Code"

I propose to update the shipped version with a very slight modification to allow the custom definition of stripped levels for the call chain:

the optional/recommended input "strip levels" would remove the given amount of VIs in the call chain so that even error-wrapper VIs won't be displayed when the driver throws an error. The function even stays backward compatible 🙂

error cluster from error code modified.PNG

I'm currently writing some driver wrappers for DLLs and use this VI a lot.So far, I needed to use my own version ...

-Benjamin

Trusted Enthusiast

A shameless plug: Have you checked out the GPower Error toolset? I think setting errors and warnings with this toolset gives you the call chain you need. It also lets you define global custom error codes, and lets you add custom descriptions to existing error codes, that you can use throughout your LabVIEW instance. This way you can define all your erros (even localized) at one central place in your app, and don't have to build all your errors from scratch in hundreds of locations in your application:

Error_Warning_Palette.jpg

Cheers,

Steen

CLA, CTA, CLED & LabVIEW Champion