From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Mathan

Make label invisible in BD with a single key press

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

For controls and indicators created through Block Diagram, the display of the Label in the BD can be made invisible by right clicking on it and select Visible items. I used to do this often when my diagram gets bigger and bigger.

Oops lot of mouse strokes.... Instead if by simply pressing delete key, if the label gets invisible, then it will be very good and easy..... Just a thought. Please comment on this.

5 Comments
crelf
Trusted Enthusiast
I wish I could de-kudos.  Why would you want to obfsucate your BDs by hiding all your FP node labels?  Can you upload a screenshot of a BD where you've thought this is a good idea?

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

> I wish I could de-kudos.

You can. Click on "Idea Options".

As for the idea itself, I can see some merit to it. Generally though, I have my Tools>>Options set to create the labels by default and then I mostly leave them on, so I wouldn't get a lot of use out of it, but I can see the value when I edit someone else's VI.

Mathan
Trusted Enthusiast

Crelf wrote: Why would you want to obfsucate your BDs by hiding all your FP node labels?

Sorry. This is not what i mean. I don't want to hide the FP node labels. I just want to hide some of the labels in BD. As Aristos said whenever debugging some big vi's this will be very useful where no need on actually do lot of mouse strokes to make the diagrams simpler. The objective is to save time doing this replacing the mouse strokes with a single key press. Remember again doing this on the FP will do confusion and my idea suits only for BD.

Message Edited by Mathan on 11-30-2009 06:08 PM
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
You can write a quick drop plugin which will do this - it would take the selected elements and hide the label for each of them which is a control terminal. And it's a single click (well, two clicks, but that's splitting hairs). You could also do the same with one of the other plugin frameworks (LVspeak or the JKI RCF).

Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.