From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mads

Make LabVIEW a web based application

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Using Google Apps and similar products I've come to really love the access I get to all that functionality regardsless of which computer I'm on.  Imagine how great it would be if you could have LabVIEW available in the same way!

All the work, your VI libs, the compilation etc. would be on the hosting server (sharing VI libs, source code control and collaboration in general could be made very flexible indeed). There would be a few challenges to overcome, e.g. when you are writing code for different targets, but nothing unsolvable I think...(if there are any show stoppers we could have both...a web based editor as well as the traditional solution).

And the host could offer you to work in previous versions of LabVIEW...and new versions would be available as soon as they are launched, and you could build apps for different operative systems in one go.... no volume license manager headaches...the list of possibilities and improvements is endlessSmiley Happy

3 Comments
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

Not exactly what you were thinking of but check out the new NI Web UI Builder

Mads
Active Participant

Yes, I've seen it.

Perhaps it could/will work as a starting point for the other kinds of features listed in the idea. 

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.