LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NelsonUWP

Make Case Selector

Implemented in LabVIEW 2014

I don't know how many times I've added a case statement post-programming, but I do know that there isn't an easy way to make a tunnel the case selector.  Usually I delete the tunnel and then drag the case selector down and then rewire, there should be an easier way.  For loops and while loops have an easy way to index/unindex or replace with shift register, why can't a case statement be the same?

Case2.PNG 

Case3.PNG 

21 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Eximo, what you are proposing is actually a different idea and should be submitted separately.  But do a search first.  There are all ready several ideas along the lines of "multiple case selectors".  Honestly, I don't see what you are proposing in your lower left idea as being a real improvement over the upper right picture.

eximo
Active Participant

temp initial case select or image.pngOr this

-Regards

eximo

"I had rather be right than be president" -Henry Clay
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: In Development

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: In Beta

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Implemented in LabVIEW 2014

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Now that this is implemente, what about the reverse action: disconnecting the Case Selector from an incoming wire while letting the wire go through (thus becoming a tunnel)?

The Case Selector could be pushed aside or just left where it is (with the risk of confusion).

crossrulz
Knight of NI

X, just choose something else to be the case selector.  It will be the same amount of effort for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

That would work.

BVSmith

I'm running LV 2016 and 2017 and I don't see that "Make Case Selector" anywhere in the right-click menu:

Case.png

Brian Smith
Advanced Light Source
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
crossrulz
Knight of NI

BVSmith, the first option is what you are looking for.  "Replace with Case Selector"

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5