From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SercoSteveB

Maintain wiring when dragging an object through a structure boundary

I think it would speed up BD development/modification time if it were possible maintain BD wiring as you drag and drop nodes/terminals/constants/sub vis etc. across structure boundaries. 

A simple example is that if you have a correctly wired Terminal inside a Case Structure and you drag and drop that Terminal outside of the structure, the wire becomes broken.  In my opinion; most of the time you are then required to wire the Terminal back up to the original place through the boundary.  This is not so bad if it is just a single wire but for sub vis with multiple connections it is a hassle.

If LabVIEW automatically re-created the wires and associated tunnels during the drag and drop operation, it would save me alot of time. 

Not sure if this functionality is something you would want on all of the time, maybe something that is switched on when required.

Apologies to the original author if this is a duplicate suggestion.

Steve

11 Comments
vt92
Active Participant

Good idea.  I like the suggestion to use a modifier to trigger the behavior.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal