LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop iteration indicator default name

Currently, if you create an indicator from the loop iteration terminal of a for or while loop, the indicator is by default called "Numeric."  However with every other control or indicator in LabVIEW, the default name of the control or indicator is called by whatever it was spawned from.  (For example, when you create a control from the stop terminal, the control is called "stop").  I believe the loop iteration indicator should follow in this pattern.
5 Comments
Proven Zealot
Agreed and as such we are anyway going to rename the label..
Trusted Enthusiast
It needs no introduction, but Probes for Loop Iteration would suffice for me. The nature of a loop iteration indicator for my purposes is almost exclusively troubleshooting. I'm going to delete it within minutes, so the name doesn't matter. But out of principle, it should be named correctly.
Wirebird Labs: Expert Toolkits for LabVIEWDeploy, by Wirebird Labs: Expert Toolkits for LabVIEW

The default names of controls created from the Loop Count and Number of Workers terminals are also "Numeric". If one is fixed, they should all be fixed.

DefaultLabels.PNG

If the loop has a label, it would be nice if that was included in the iteration. For example, if I have a loop labeled the 'Event Loop' the interation indicator should be 'Event Loop Interation'
Trusted Enthusiast

This is not a feature request, this is a bug-fix request...

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!