LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewwilsonjr

Linux Support for RealTime RIO Devices

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I like using Linux whenever I can, particularly when running large software like LabVIEW, since it tends to crawl on my XP systems. I was happy to realize that LabVIEW works on Linux, but soon after I was disappointed by the lack of usefulness of it when interfacing with hardware. I need to use the RealTime module to interface with my RealTime Compact-RIO. I also need Linux support for the FPGA module, as I need to program the FPGA attached to my cRIO. I'm sure I am not the only person who would like the ability to do this.

Without support for any of the hardware or LabVIEW modules I need, the Linux version of LabVIEW is entirely useless to me, and XP as an OS simply cannot perform up to par for me.

2 Comments
Steve.S
Hello, I would like to second this.  I am interested in looking at RIO solutions for a high-frequency real-time servo-loop control application, but am a bit dissapointed it does not seem to be supported on Linux.  I would even be happy if I could generate a VI in LabView on Windows, and program it to the FPGA under Linux for usage.
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.