From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffreyH

Let's have the ability to assign shortcut keys to ALL items in the LV menus

Any idea that has received less than 9 kudos within 9 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I'm not sure how LV populates the tree under Options -> Menu Shortcuts, but I've been longing now for to long te be able to have some SCC actions (most important checkin/checkout) under a shortcut key. Same for several add-ons in that settle under the Tools menu, a couple of them I would like to have accessable via a shortcut key.

So the idea is simply to make everything in the menu available for configuring a shortcut for it.

6 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Very similar to this idea:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Allow-Keyboard-Shortcuts-for-User-Items-in-Tools-Menu/...

I'm not sure if one counts as a duplicate of the other. Seems like that one is a subset of this one.

Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

I would have broadened my idea, but I did not really find other menus where I wanted to add shortcuts but could not do so already.  Are there others?  It seemed to me at the time that the Tools menu was kind of special.

Not like that idea has caught on like wildfire....

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

I think Tools is the only one, but I'm honestly not sure.

JeffreyH

I guess the other idea didn't turn up in my search, or I overlooked it.

Anyway, the other one that is not a tool (at least imho) are the SCC menu actions. I think NI sees it as a 'tool' because it's only in the professional edtition and not in the full dev and basic. What surpirses me on the other hand is that we can assign shortcut-keys to 3rd party help-menu items..

Daklu
Active Participant

There are a few holes on the toolbar.  I can't create a keyboard shortcut for font style, specific alignment and distribution options (only the last one used), or group/ungroup controls.

Kudo'd both ideas to raise visibility.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 9 kudos within 9 years after posting will be automatically declined.