LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
CDuck

Learning industry standards should be free

"Thank you for the feedback! NI provides on-demand training for LabVIEW courses for $500/year, which we believe is a reasonable price for the amount of value delivered, especially for the advanced courses. The training is also included at no charge with an SSP membership for a Professional LabVIEW license. If you are interested in this specific course and you do not have an active SSP membership, you can purchase the individual course here." - From Meghan Kerry, Principal Product Manager in Education Services

I would like to watch the series of videos from 2012 about learning Advanced Architecture.  I would like to follow industry standards to ensure that I am building an architecture that will be understood by developers. 

I did a bit of research and somehow I managed to unlock the course as a student.  I went back to finish the course today and it switched to "you are not entitled to training courses".  I mean fair, but I feel pretty entitled to steer people away from LabVIEW if they come to me with interest in it...  

I'm not understanding how this model can possibly make more money than having more LabVIEW developers.  Easy access to training = more developers = more hardware purchases and certification puurchases right?  Am I missing something or is this model as bad for share holders.

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
2 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Go to the LabVIEW Wiki.  You can watch a ton of presentations from experts discussing these types of things.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Christina_R
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

"Thank you for the feedback! NI provides on-demand training for LabVIEW courses for $500/year, which we believe is a reasonable price for the amount of value delivered, especially for the advanced courses. The training is also included at no charge with an SSP membership for a Professional LabVIEW license. If you are interested in this specific course and you do not have an active SSP membership, you can purchase the individual course here." - From Meghan Kerry, Principal Product Manager in Education Services

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D