LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
mohbsiss

Labview Driver for Spartan3A 3An Kit board

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

i will be very happy if Labview  can support Spartan 3A/AN kit Board . i need for real time  Ehternet communication

6 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI
BradM
Active Participant

Basically, the issue NI would find itself in if they supported FPGA dev board X (which NI doesn't sell), is that another user would ask for support for FPGA board Y and Z (also, not sold by NI). Since the support for these boards includes some use of peripherals hooked to the device (buttons, LEDs, other IO), it quickly would become a burden to support.

mohbsiss

The board Spartan 3e and Spartan 3A/3AN belong to the same family. So i do not see a big problem why doesn't suport the board Spartan 3AN or Spartan 3A

BradM
Active Participant

This issue becomes that having reasonable LabVIEW FPGA presence (e.g. each of the peripherals available as FPGA IO) requires non-trivial work to create for each board, plus there's need to create an installer, do some level of testing, etc. etc. etc. Multiply this by the number of boards supported.

mohbsiss

we can offer the possibility to generate only  bit file from Labview programs  and the rest can do the users (ucf file...)

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.