From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Marco_Ge

LabVIEW versions

It would be necessary to insert an alert when opening .vis made with different versions of LabVIEW than the latest used. "This file has been created with LabVIEW 13. Current version is LabVIEW 15. Do you want to open?" Y/N I work with at least 4 different versions of LabVIEW and sometimes happens to open a project (and to work on it for hours....) with another LabVIEW version, without noticing the automatic upgrade. Then time for downgrading again. Thanks

4 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Duplicate: Wrong LabVIEW version alert

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Marco_Ge

Sorry for the duplicate.

I see that the issue has been presented since 2012, maybe it is not considered an useful upgrade.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

I would not say that.  I know there are plans to attempt to handle the version compatibility issue in NXG.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Darren
Proven Zealot