LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hudson

LabVIEW News Localized for my Country

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

The right side of LabVIEW Getting Started window presents links to resources can help the LabVIEW user to be successful in its application development.

With LabVIEW2009 links that update dynamically has been added under Latest from ni.com. I found very useful to be updated on LabVIEW News directly from the Getting Started window but I would like to see the news published by the local branch.

23228iDFFD4ED2A79110E5

If the link is localized, I can be updated on new events organized in my Country, on new products release and announcements written in my native language.

4 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

(Your link does not work for me.)

How do you suggest should LabVIEW know about what "local" means for each installation? (Address in LabVIEW Registration? IP address? OS language setting? manual configuration? etc.)

Hudson
NI Employee (retired)

You are right, I didn't check the link. THIS LINK should work properly.

I will suggest by means of a manual configuration when LabVIEW is installed or, even better, by means of a drop down menu, close to the search field.

23240i6A2C12560E7BF8AF

Sometimes could happen that a user or a machine on which LabVIEW is installed, move from one Country to another. If I can choose which news to view, I can always be updated on the latest news from NI, specific for the Country in which I'm working.

I hope this suggestion could be useful.

Thanks again for your feedback.

GerdW
Knight of NI

Hi,

I would like to add to this idea:

LabVIEW chooses "News" source by it's installation language (I guess, as my English LV at home gets News from US website and my German work LV gets News from German website). Please add an option in the LV options dialog to choose the newsfeeder!!!

I hate it when I get news at home, that never appear at work!

I hate it, when I have to send an email with that news link from home to work to spread the news at work.

I hate it, when news links from German newsfeeder are broken.

On a related sitenote:

I also hate it, when I get News presented at home and when I follow the link, I get redirected to the German website (due to IP region check?) which has no information on that new gimmick! (Right now, May 3rd 2011 9pm Germany, that happens with the news on the new cRIO targets 9075/9076: when I want to read more I get redirected to German cRIO website which provides NO information on those new targets!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.