LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patibandla

LabVIEW Free online IDE for Learner

Hi All,

Now a day every where cloud computing is bomming. if NI provides the LabVIEW Free online complier. 

people who does't have any setup .they can learn any where through Internet and NI cloud.

This will helps to more people to learn labview beginer  easily.

9 Comments
AristosQueue
Proven Zealot

patibandla:

Does this cover your request? NI launched this online last year specifically so people could learn LV without actually having LV on their machines by using the online simulator.

http://www.learnni.com/

patibandla

Hi 

cyro

Maybe this is what you are looking for....

Web UI Builder

NI LabVIEW Web UI Builder Developer Resources

Not LabVIEW but similar

AristosQueue
Proven Zealot

patibandla, part of the learnni site is simulators for the various tasks that are part of the cust ed courses, allowing you to use enough of the IDE to complete the course.

We have no plans to provide the IDE for free ever. We have discussed making it available online for the standard LV price, but creating a web UI for the entirety of LabVIEW is ambitious beyond NI's current resources. If you want to try LV out, that is what the evaluation license is for.

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

It should probably also be pointed out that years ago NI did have the option of connecting to a VM running LV, but that was presumably for being able to see what it's like, not for actually learning it. For that, you would need to use over a longer period of time anyway.

I'm assuming NI stopped the program because it wasn't worth it (I'm guessing it wasn't that popular) - https://lavag.org/topic/5403-try-a-full-version-of-labview-for-3hrs-online/

NI also had a pilot program for leasing time on VMs running LV on Amazon cloud servers, but that's for pay and I don't think that's active anymore either.

well i think that labview in itself is not fast enought and as it is not cheap software, many users would complain about beeing in the cloud..... the day it goes office356° we pull the cord on labview because it is also used for closed source stuff, which should not be leaked by the programm.
altenbach
Knight of NI

> labview in itself is not fast enought

It does not sound like you know what you are talking about. There are at least two important speeds: development time and execution time. Development time for a given task is proven significantly faster with LabVIEW and, properly programmed (!), execution time is very comparable to any other programming language. For very time critical tasks, you can even go to dedicated hardware such as FPGA.

> is not cheap software

There is the LabVIEW home bundle for non-commercial use. Very cheap! For commercial applications its cost is well worth it.

> the day it goes office356° we pull the cord on labview because it is also used for closed source stuff, which should not be leaked by the programm

LabVIEW is very widely used in industry and there will always be a secure local option. This idea was about a learning environment, not something for serious development.

LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??
AristosQueue
Proven Zealot

A cloud-based LV has come up many times in internal discussions. Although we might someday do this, having a standalone version of LV is something we see as critical to our business and our users' needs. We discussed a future in which LV was cloud only and the resounding conclusion was, "We see no future in which such a thing would happen." Futures do change, obviously, but at this time, we have no plans to abandon the standalone software model. If a cloud model appears, it would be as an addition to the standalone, not a replacement for it.

Emboar_Dymax
Active Participant

This is old thread but is this active? Recently I'm using MATLAB Online for my personal learning purpose.

MATLAB Online - MATLAB & Simulink

https://jp.mathworks.com/products/matlab-online.html

This is really helpful for me. I can learn MATLAB from anywhere if only I have a PC and wifi network. 

National Instruments has already provided Mulsitim Online.

I know it would be technically more difficult but hope LabVIEW (or LabVIEW NXG?) Online would be released in the future.

Emboar
Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral