From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kent.wedeking

LabVIEW Color Palette

Give us the option to input a Hex RGB code in the color palette.LabVIEW Color Palette.png

4 Comments
tomlawton

That might be the OS's fault- On the Mac, the "More Colors..." button pops an OS-supplied colour picker, that lets you switch between HSL/ RGB/ Websafe/ CMYK/ Colourwheel/ spectrum/ image/ crayons/ optional plugins.......

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

It should be pointed out that the RGB option is there, but it's in decimal, not hex. Personally, I don't select specific custom colors that often, so I can't say I feel the need, and with Tom's comment, it seems like this is an OS specific dialog, so it may not even be possible without writing a custom dialog.

How about a more general idea? NI could use develop something like Color Selector 3.0 to replace the OS one by a more programming oriented type.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
Active Participant

Yes! I'm creating an entire palette of custom controls right now, and converting between the hex used in the design spec and decimal is a massive pain in the butt.