LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
Top Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcuts or palette for align, distribute and resize objects tools

With small front panels (in X dimension), Align Objects, Distribute Objects and Resize Objects (in the toolbar) are outside the visible part of the front panel.

This makes the alignement/distribution/resizing a little bit longer :

1. Resize the front panel to make the tools visible
  2. Make the alignement/distribution/resizing
  3. Restore the size of the front panel
Keyboard shortcuts or even better a specific palette (like Controls or Tools palette) would avoid these additional steps.
6 Comments
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
Obviously the same applies to small diagrams.
Active Participant
Yes Please.  Not only just for small windows but so I don't have to move my mouse all over the place.  I am constantly aligning things and having to move all over the screen to get to where the options are. 
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

I like the idea of a "reshape" palette.

Active Participant

No extra palettes please! It clutters the screen and still means mouse movement. Keyboard shortcuts for allignment at least.

Cheers,

Steen

CLA, CTA, CLED & LabVIEW Champion

If hot keys then add them to a menu (the bar and/or popup). One day I spent too much time and other people's effort to figure out where Ungroup was because it was not in the menu. Thus adding to context menu would be the most convenient.

Active Participant
Active Participant

There is a QuickDrop pluging for alignment: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-14469