LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfrinak1

It should be easier to change the default copyright company in Application Builder

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It should be easier to change the default copyright company in Application Builder.  

I got the following from NI support to change the name of the company that is copyrighting the software.

1. To show the desired hidden folder, you must select Tools>> Folder Options >> View >> Under 'Files and Folders'>> 'Hidden files and folders' >> check the 'Show hidden files, folders, or drives' >> Select 'ok'

2. Navigate to C:\ProgramData

3. Open ProgramData >> National Instruments >> LVProductDLLInfo >> 12.0.0 >>LabVIEW_ADE_120000.ini   ***Please note that the folder 12.0.0 may instead be 14.1.0 or another numeric value based on which version of LabVIEW you are using***

4. Change the RegisteredOrganization and RegisteredOwner to the appropriate organization and owner respectively.

The fix NI support sent me was to change the name of the current software owner.

The company that owns the software is usually writing the program for another company that is paying to have it developed. If the software owner is not careful they may assign the copyright to their company or to the company that they developed software for last.   I am sure that the company that had software developed will be surprised if their name is not listed as the legal copyright owner.

Stan

1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.