From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intaris

Installer creation for LV on Mac

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I haven't checked out LV2009 on Mac yet, so please let me know if this has already changed.....

When creating an installer on Windows, we have control of everything within the Project.  Cereate EXE, then create Installer with all options within the project.

On the Mac we have the options for the Application but not for the installer.  I know (After I spent a day looking for products) that Apple has an installer packager which ships with the OS (On the developer CD) but why can't we automate this from within the Project shell?  As it is I need to create the Application, then switch to an external program, create the installer (luckily it's relativel easy o use) and then to finish things off go to ANOTHER pogram to create the dmg file.

Please give the Mac the same Installer creation options as Windows.

Shane.

2 Comments
Nacer_M
Active Participant

I really agree with you, now we are in 2014 and i think that maybe more user will want to use a MAC.

Nacer M. | Certified LabVIEW Architecte

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.