LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Matthias_H

Individual wire color for type definitions

I often use strict type definitions to change data between SubVIs. The wires of the type definitions are always pink and this is sometimes a little color chaos.

Strings are pink, clusters are pink, ...

It would be nice to have the feature like in the LabVIEW classes. There you can definie the look of the private variables wire (form and color).

4 Comments
Intaris
Proven Zealot

The wires of type definitions aren't pink.  The wire colour of the DATATYPE of your typedef is pink.  Typedefs wires have the same colour as the data they are carrying (whether it is a typedef or not).

Aside from that, I'm in two minds as to whether this should be an option for typedefs or not.... It might be confusing to the user whether or not a class or a typedef is being passed around.  I like the idea that non-standard wire colours or patterns are classes.  This would muddy the waters a little.  That aside I think it's a good idea but it has been posted already elsewhere although a quick search didn't come up with anything useful.

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

I suggested this Idea a while back, and it has sported anemic popularity at best. (Try searching "wire typedef")

Intaris
Proven Zealot

Ah, Jack.  I searched for "wire color" and "wire colour" thinking that a transantlantic spelling difference might lead me to the right path.....

Todd S.
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Duplicate

Todd S.
LabVIEW Community Manager
National Instruments