LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altenbach

Index & Bundle Cluster array should retain element names

(Inspired by this discussion)

The Index & Bundle Cluster Array function currently discards any labels of the input data. I think it would be more useful if it would try to retain the names (i.e. copy the original array labels (if available) to the element labels of the output).

The picture illustrates the idea. On the left we see the current behavior and on the right what we would get after this idea is implemented.

3 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

It doesn't actually discard the label. It just takes the label of the array element and not of the array itself. I'm not sure which (if any) makes more sense. Since array element labels are generally not as visible, it might indeed make more sense to use the array label.

To me it makes more sense to keep the label of the element, not the array. I'd be happy it stays the way it is already.

d.w.b

Kudo the idea. I think the issue below is the same that @altenbach noted. Bundle does not utilize the Label of a wire (perhaps classifiable as a defect). A cluster constant must be tediously created (top Bundle). The bottom Bundle/Unbundle By Name element is empty if cluster constant is wired, integer is selected, then wire is deleted but the Font element name remains.

bundlewirelabel.bmp