LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
amitwadje

In Built Stop actor functionality in Actor Framework

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Hi All,

It will be great time saver if NI puts stop actor functionality inbuilt with AF Framework VI.

Reference to my post : Change Actor Framework override VIs

Thanks!

-
Amit
CLAD
4 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

I'm guessing (based on the discussion in the other thread that you referenced) that you mean built-in event messaging into the actors, not just stop behaviors. Would that be a more correct way to describe your request?

amitwadje

yes It could be also the correct way but I was more concern about event structure with stop message as this is very commonly used in AF based projects.

-
Amit
CLAD
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

This would make a good extension for the AF editor. Is anyone in the AF community up for building it?

Note: folks within NI have built a lot of the AF, but I started the AF project as a community effort, and even after I got it added to shipping LabVIEW, I have continued to treat its development more more like an open source project and less like the proprietary core of LabVIEW. These days, it tends to gain functionality only when some user in the community needs the functionality enough to create it and then I integrate it. Sometimes that user is me (I do use G in my personal projects), but I haven't needed a lot of UI interaction in my actors... at least, not enough for it to bug me enough to make scripting code to generate it! 🙂

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.