For as long as I can remember (I have used LabView since 4.0) the decorations and contropls pallette have remained unchanges for the most part. End users want an application more like the iPhone than windows98. We need a new decorations capability to be able to customize controls to a high level. The square circle and triangle of 2 colors and flat or 3d/rounded nolonger cuts it. I would like to see a new type of decoration.
- Decoration made of vector graphics so it is scalable, user can add or remove verticies and move them around to make new shapes.
- Labview native color pallet linked to item colors (default can be 2 color option of FG, BG but scale this to an array of colors to make more complex decorations)
- Colors add transparancy and alpha channel
- Grouping allows building of a single new decoration from several primitive shapes.
- Decoration possible support gradients (color blending)
*** Decorations should have optional labels so that they can be addressed programatically
-Decorations added to customized controls that have lables associated with them become part of the control and can be accessed via a property (ie can be set to not visible through a property node)
I know this is asking quite alot, but I have found that when I make my applications not look like LabView (and it is easy to spot a LabView application) it is not a well recieved as when I present a highly customized application that does not look like a labview example. Allowing the community to easily create very professional looking new controls and indicators will do wonders for our GUIs.