From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yamaeda

Improve hardware configuration in installation

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Problem:

As much bug as suggestion, but since it's been this way for a bunch of years i assume it's a "feature"

I just had a project in which i defined some DAQmx tasks in the project, but in order to get them installed on the target i need to:

1. Export the tasks from the project

2. Select import MAX tasks in the installer which starts and forces me to run a new export.

3. Re-export the tasks from the project to overwrite the max export ...

(yes i could have skipped step 1 had i known the cumbersome mess)

Why cant i simply select a configuration file to include in the installer?

Why cant i select/choose tasks defined in the project?

If i want to avoid the exporter i need to edit the project xml, that's not acceptable.

Solution:

Allow to simply select a configuration file to include in the installer

Allow select/choose tasks defined in the project

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
2 Comments
JÞB
Knight of NI

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Additional-NI-Software-Idea/Project-and-Workspace-Context-in-MAX/idi-p/18511...

Would make creating the MyApp.nce painless!  Feel free to kudos the ideas related and linked withinSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.