From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Alan@pworx

Hideable Comments

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

How about a small icon on the top/boundary of a structure that can pop-up in order to read or add comments about the code in a structure. This could be part of the subdiagram label.

5 Comments
JÞB
Knight of NI

How does this differ from Resizing the SD Label or hiding/showing it from the Right-Click Menu?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Alan@pworx

If you could do that (you cannot resize further than the first bit of code) you would hide the code that you are trying to analyze.

cowen71

I have mixed feelings about this. I guess this could be like a tipstrip if you hover over a '?' also?

But .my uncertainty comes because, in general i write comments because i want them to be seen. I dont want them to be hidden. If my block diagram was so large that there was no room for comments, I would have to question my vi design.

Alan@pworx

Sometimes an algorithm can be complex and needs a lot more than just a comment, and often needs a diagram and reference notes from other sources.

Alan@pworx a écrit :

How about a small icon on the top/boundary of a structure that can pop-up in order to read or add comments about the code in a structure. This could be part of the subdiagram label.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.