From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hooovahh

Have Post / Pre Build VI For Installers

If someone would have asked if there was a setting to run a VI after an installer was build I would have said yes, until today when I realized I needed it and couldn't find it.  When building an EXE there is a Pre/Post Build Actions section where you can specify a VI to be ran before the build or after it.  But this appears to be limited to building EXEs and not installers.  There are several limitations to the NI building process, and I'd like to improve them by having functions get ran after a build of an installer is complete.

EXE settings

EXE Builder Settings.png

Installer Settings

Installer Settings.png

2 Comments
Hooovahh
Proven Zealot

Oh I may have found a duplicate idea after posting this.  It is for Zips and Installers which might be why I didn't find it or read close enough.

BertMcMahan
Active Participant

Kudo'd both this and the other idea, I ran into this today- it'd be nice to be able to build an installer to my local c: drive and have a VI run to copy it to the correct network location for me (in addition to the many other uses, of course!)