LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregFreeman

Graph properties dialog should default to correct axis when selected from Right Click

Not a ground breaking idea but...

currently when I right click a plot, intensity graph, etc and choose properties for a certain axis, the dialog's combo box doesn't default to the correct axis (as shown) which often results in me changing the wrong axis properties without noticing and having to go through the process again.

Solution...default the combo box to the correct axis.

8 Comments
Ray.R
Knight of NI

Oh boy!  This idea was already posted over 2 years ago!!!

I just posted the same yesterday.  Thanks to Darin for finding this one.  Kudos!

May not be a ground breaking idea, but it should be fixed just the same.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Let's call it a bug and ask for a CAR!

Ray.R
Knight of NI

We could...  I suspect it would be a very low priority bug 😞

GregFreeman
Trusted Enthusiast

Is that dialog written in LabVIEW? They could give me the source, I'd do it in about 5 minutes Smiley Tongue

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

> Is that dialog written in LabVIEW?

It is, but that doesn't mean the IDE passes the information of which menu item invoked it.

It is a more general problem, not just for graphs, and should be solved globally.

For example if you click on the digital indicator of a slide control and select "Display Format ...", you get the formatting option for the slide itself, not for the digital display. (See also this commentI was actaully tempted to write it up as an idea, but haven't had a chance to search for duplicates.... 😉).

This is just a different flavor of the same problem.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Bug, not problem... Bug!

Ray.R
Knight of NI

My concern would be if we report it as a bug, would they do anything for a "feature/bug" that's been there since the cavemen used LabVIEW?