LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flycast

Give control of individual element formatting in a Listbox, datagrid and other array display controls.

It would be very helpful to be able to change formatting (different background, font, etc.) on individual items in a listbox. My use case would be listing a bunch of files in a listbox. Some of these files need to be brought to somebodies attention but most don't. The user also needs to view the files around the highlighted file so just listing the files that need attention is unhelpful. 

In the image below imaging that the file highlighted needed review. I would want to use any logic including string matching, or other logic to highlight the background color of just that item.

Image 3.png

3 Comments
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

I think you're looking for a grid control. That's not in LabVIEW, but you will find a few attempts if you search for grid control.

There's probably an idea to add a grid control somewhere...

flycast

This is NXG.

**Edit** I should be clearer. There are controls/indicators for arrays in NXG called "Data Grid", "Table" and "Tree". NXG seems to be different than LabView. It's certainly not a mature but these seem to be other differences as well.

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

@flycast wrote:

NXG seems to be different than LabView. It's certainly not a mature but these seem to be other differences as well.

NXG is different indeed...

@flycast wrote:

It's certainly not a mature but these seem to be other differences as well.

NXG won't mature much further... 

Our Commitment to LabVIEW as we Expand our Software Portfolio - NI Community