LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give VI Scripting write access to modify function output configurations/datatypes

Say I have a VI with an arithmetic function: add, subtract, negate, etc...

I would like the ability to programmatically change the output configuration of the function through scripting. Right now (as I understand) you can only read the datatype of the output terminal but not set it. I specifically want to be able to control the fixed-point configuration of the output of these functions through VI Scripting.

[admin edit]: I added an attachment to this post pertaining to the first comment on the thread (since comments cannot contain attachments).

2 Comments
Example Gatekeeper

I would like for LabVIEW R&D to make an effort to expose more private properties in VI Server as public/scripting. In the meantime, I have attached a VI to your original post (saved in LabVIEW 2015) that exposes all the properties of the 'OverridableParameterTerminal' class of VI Server. If you cast the output terminal of your function to that class, you should be able to access all those properties to be able to set the Output Configuration.

DNatt, LV R&D

Excellent. I will try this out. Thanks for the help!