LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Southern_Cross

Give VI Scripting write access to modify function output configurations/datatypes

These properties are now publicly available as Scripting properties in LabVIEW 2020 and later.

Say I have a VI with an arithmetic function: add, subtract, negate, etc...

I would like the ability to programmatically change the output configuration of the function through scripting. Right now (as I understand) you can only read the datatype of the output terminal but not set it. I specifically want to be able to control the fixed-point configuration of the output of these functions through VI Scripting.

[admin edit]: I added an attachment to this post pertaining to the first comment on the thread (since comments cannot contain attachments).

3 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot

I would like for LabVIEW R&D to make an effort to expose more private properties in VI Server as public/scripting. In the meantime, I have attached a VI to your original post (saved in LabVIEW 2015) that exposes all the properties of the 'OverridableParameterTerminal' class of VI Server. If you cast the output terminal of your function to that class, you should be able to access all those properties to be able to set the Output Configuration.

Southern_Cross

Excellent. I will try this out. Thanks for the help!

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

These properties are now publicly available as Scripting properties in LabVIEW 2020 and later.