LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulG.

Get Queue Status function return elements default is set to = F. Should be set to = T.

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.

The Get Queue Status function will return all the elements in the queue - if you remember to set the "return elements" bool input to True. It's set to F as default. Why would I not want all the handy information from Get Queue Status but not want the elements? Smiley Indifferent

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
13 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

> But when it comes to altering runtime functions it kind of spooks me

We are very careful to mutate existing VIs when we make such changes. If we cannot preserve existing functionality -- and I only know of one such in 10 years -- we mutate the diagram to be broken so that you have to come check it out. That one case was we fixed a bug, but some code existed that relied on the bug's existence.

altenbach
Knight of NI

The function is called "get queue status", not "return all queue elements", so the lightweight mode should be the default, in my opinion. If we simply want all element, the "flush queue" is the right function and it does not need any boolean.

The current behavior is correct in my opinion.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.