LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F2 vs. Tools->Edit Text

It would be nice to have the F2-function in LabVIEW (mark element and press F2 to edit text).

So you don't have to step through the Tools-Palette.

7 Comments
Knight of NI

Turn automatic tool selection back on and all yu have to do is double click on the text.

Yes, but I'm old school and a keyboard worker: 🙂

Knight of NI

It just strikes me a bit funny that you would choose to use a slower way to select tools and then request a change to make it faster.

Trusted Enthusiast

This goes way beyond autotool vs not.  Select a wire -> F2 -> Type your label.  Ctrl-Drag a control/terminal -> F2 -> Edit the label.  Create Constant -> F2 -> Give it a label.

Active Participant

I agree with Darin.K. I use the autotool, but I still think that F2 would be a great addition, especially for ctrl-drag as the new item is already selected for you and one hand is already on the keyboard (from pressing ctrl).

Using only F2 to edit marked text labels is windows standard behaviour. So labVIEW should behave like this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) / CLA / MCTS

Maybe we should pull the idea of using F2 for Controls / Constants / Indicators out as another idea.

BDIdea.png

FPIdea.png