LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKSH

Expand (or allow expansion of) NI software installer GUI

The list of available LabVIEW modules and device drivers is very long. Their names tend to be long too, which is compounded by the many levels of nesting. Modern screens are large.

Given all that, why are we selecting software components by scrolling around a tiny window which can't be expanded?

tinyinstaller.png

(Note: most of the trees above aren't exen opened yet!)

Proposal: Make the window bigger (vertically and horizontally), or resizeable, or both.

Thanks for listening!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
16 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Isn't this a duplicate by now of the idea I linked to above?

I am not saying it is not a good thing to remind NI developers that there are users out there and that, last time I checked, they are developing products for clients, not the opposite, but there are already quite some confusion on this forum...

JKSH
Active Participant
I guess it is. Should I copy all the screenshots over to the other post? The thing is, closing an idea as a duplicate means that any gems and kudos are effectively buried in the archive forever and won't be looked at by NI.
Hooovahh
Proven Zealot

Claustrophobic windows syndrome.  I have it, and admitting it is the first step.  And while I agree this is starting to duplicate other ideas, I do like seeing the ever growing list of windows that need this resolved in one place.

JKSH
Active Participant
crossrulz
Knight of NI

JKSH, I think you meant to use this link: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Make-Edit-Values-table-longer/idi-p/4059890 

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
JKSH
Active Participant

Oops, thanks crossrulz. Yes, that's the correct link for my previous post.