LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc Blumentritt

Expand Event structure functionality: control of event buffer

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Hello everybody,

(as suggested I will separate my idea Expand the functionality of Event structures into four seperate ideas to allow giving kudos separately.)

Allow for better handling of the event buffer for fired events of Event structures. I would like to have a feature to list and remove item(s) from the buffer of fired events. Otherwise you have always to write some code to catch events, you d'ont want just to execute or you want to remove, because you just pressed the stop button. This could be realised by new leftside and rightside nodes inside the event structure.

Regards,

Marc

CLD
2 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Like a Preview Queue accessible from any event case? But then you would have to do some event sorting in the case...

If you are not handling the events in the Event Structure itself, but, as you should, in a separate (action handling) loop with which you would communicate via a queue, the situation that you are trying to solve with this suggestion, wouldn't be a problem, as you would simply ignore those fired events in the action handling loop.

If there is only one type of event that you really don't want to fire repeatedly, you could just register it dynamically and unregister it when done.

PS: I know this is an old, dead thread...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.