From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
tshurtz

Enable input on property node

We often use property nodes to change controls appearance/behavior in a while loop but because of their added overhead, we don't want to do it every iteration, just when other values change. To get this effect you have to wrap the property node in a case structure and ti in the appropriate variables. this is bulky and hard to read at times especially because it encourages using "no names". Or you can create a sub VI with the right rappers on the inside but you have to pass in a reference. It would be great if there was a built in enable input on a property node (ideally without increasing the sizeof the top part). I even toyed with using the error in to get the desired effect (tying in a error or no error constant chosen by a case structure) but thought better of it (I think it gives the desired effect but sometimes you want to use the error input for timing control or actually as an error.

It seems like a simple request that would really clean up a lot of my code or improve performance if you are setting properties every cycle.