From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goks

Editing the Font Styles and Size of a text, can't it be Simpler? rather than a lot of mouse clicks each time??

Editing the Font Styles and Size of a text, can't it be Simpler? rather than a lot of mouse clicks each time??

Many had suggested the use of Key board shortcuts, but it may be used for some other things. But Why shouldnt we use a dialogue box instead?

The problem is lot of mouse clicks to go to Dialogue font, Styles/size and then to the respective selection like,

Problem.png

The Key board shortcuts are being used for other functions., But Why shouldnt we have solution like this??

remedy.png

I am not sure whether it can be done or someone already suggested., but i didnt come accross anything like this when i searched for.

Thank You..

16 Comments
A-T-R

On my win7 the keabord shortcut for opening the font dialog is CTRL + "0" (with 0 both on keyboard or numeric keypad). CTRL + "=" and CTRL + "-" respectively increases and decreases the font size in step of 1 point

Of course, you're right!

Alex.T
Active Participant

As an addition to this, it'd be great if you had some text selected on your Front Panel or Block Diagram and you could just use conventional keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+B to quickly modify their style.

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

SteenSchmidt
Trusted Enthusiast

I'll kudo anything that makes styling text simpler. That and allignment just takes too many mouse movements and/or clicks.

/Steen

CLA, CTA, CLED & LabVIEW Champion
TheQ
Active Participant

I created a formatting toolbar.  Maybe this will help you:

https://www.vipm.io/package/qsi_format_toolbar/

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

Note that in recent versions CTRL+B and CTRL+I will make selected text bold resp. italic.

d.w.b

@altenbach wrote:

One thing that should be improved is the font pulldown which feels so early 1990's. When working with text, we want a text toolbar like anywhere else, (even in the post editor here in the forum!) with a bold, italic, etc. buttons, font and size rings, [justification,] etc. You know what I mean!